I made myself a Boy Beanie yesterday. The one I made at the same time as Trev’s is a bit too small for me – it is a good 2 or 3 rows too short. I thought I had enough yarn left from making all those iPod cozies to squeeze out a hat and I was right!
I started with a magic adjustable ring so as to leave no hole at the top (I LOVE those things) and added 2 extra of row 9 – so it now looks like more of a hat than a skull cap 🙂
It’s still a bit tight as I used a 6.0mm hook, but after blocking and a bit of wear I’m sure it will be fine. I’m really happy with how this has turned out. Maybe next time if I make another I will add a third extra row and maybe a couple of extra stitches, just to make it a bit wider.