crochet

Started Go For Baroque


When I said in my last post that there were other things in the works, I know I mentioned the Hairpin Lace Cardi Wrap but that wasn’t actually what I meant!

I have started to make use of the fingering weight Rowan Cotton I bought on Friday. So on Saturday I swatched for it and miracles of miracles, I was actually able to hit gauge!

Here are some pics of my swatches – both before and after blocking – and I like the look of the swatches after. Fingers crossed I can make the finished item look half decent!

Before blocking:

CIMG2677

CIMG2676

CIMG2678

After blocking:

CIMG2692

CIMG2688

CIMG2684

So far I’ve done 4 repeats of the pattern and it’s coming out ok. I’ve learned a few things as I’ve gone along – e.g. that I’m meant to crochet in the chain spaces, rather than the chains themselves, which I didn’t do initially because I was following the chart. But it’s coming out ok. No pics of it so far though ๐Ÿ™‚ Saving those for this weekend once I’ve done a bit more.

The one thing I’m irritated by is that I think I made my chains too tight – and my work is doing that thing you get when your first row ends up being tighter than the rest of your work. ACK. But if it goes well, I will make another one, which I can do perfectly. But this is a good start.

It’s the first time I’ve done anything so lacy, or worked with yarns so fine – so whatever happens, it will be a good learning experience!

Advertisements

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s