Well they’re finished, but I didn’t give them to my niece. I gave them to a colleague at work who really liked them and has smaller paws than me.
Here are some pics I took of them finished – not in daylight unfortunately as I’m now out of the house during daylight hours during the week.
The actual colour of the gloves is somewhere in-between both sets of photos. I bound the second ones off as tightly to make them consistent. I did manage to get both gloves out of the single skein – with a few yards left over. Obviously if I managed to make these to fit ME, no doubt I’d need to go onto a second skein.
I started a second pair in the week. The extra yarn I needed to finish Caroline’s Evangeline gloves (Rowan Pure Wool Aran in Cedar) arrived so I’ve started a pair of Fetchings from that for her too. (Many thanks to the lovely Viknits who also makes lovely yarn!) They’re coming out MUCH better than the first pair (although the yarn doesn’t work as well for them – cable definition isn’t as good and they’re not as soft) as I’m making a conscious effort to knit more loosely and the first glove (which I finished last night) is bigger and a better fit – must be nearly on the gauge.
If I don’t have enough yarn to finish the second glove AND the Evangelines, I’ll frog the Evangelines and just send her these, rather than both pairs. These have come out much better than the Evangelines and would rather send these if I have only have yarn enough for one.
Off to start the second now.