I’ve shamelessly stolen the idea from this post from the good ladies of the Stitch n Bitch London group on Ravelry. There’s a thread from last year where people listed all their “knitalutions” and are now saying what they managed to do and what they’d like to do next year.
Because I couldn’t knit or crochet this time last year, I’m going to put together a little list of my own for things I’d like to achieve in 2009. Here goes:
- Learn to knit socks (and how to knit them 2 at a time as I already know Magic Loop)
- Be a selfish crafter – knit and crochet more for myself than I do for other people
- Learn how to seam knitting properly – I HATE seaming crochet and I’m no good at it, so I need to learn how to seam knitting, especially with my CPH on the needles at the moment
- Learn to spin! I’m looking at a couple of courses in shops in London. I love the idea of a wheel, but will try out both wheels and spindles to see which I prefer
- Learn colourwork/stranding/Fair Isle – not too sure I want to learn Intarsia (maybe in 2010) but would love to make a funky Fair Isle hat or something. Thinking Endpaper Mitts (here on Ravelry) to learn?
- To design something knitted, and maybe something hairpin lace
- Learn the “raglan” style of making sweaters – learn how to make stuff top-down and seamless
- Learn more about how garments are constructed so I can make changes and amend things to fit me
- Learn how to do short row and other shaping to allow for a proper fit in the boobage/waist/hip area
- Learn all my knitted increases and decreases and more ways to cast on/off