Well I’ve finished my first ever pair of knitted bootees:
Cute eh? I used a pattern called Saartje’s Bootees on Ravelry which has over 5,000 projects linked to it so far. I can post the link to the pdf for anyone who doesn’t have Rav access – just let me know. On the other hand, why DON’T you have Ravelry access yet? Huh? Come on people 🙂
Anyway! I really enjoyed this pattern. It’s quick and cute, despite there being a lot of ends to weave in. Couple of things I wasn’t too happy with on the project:
- My sewing up of the seams – I officially cannot seam garter stitch. Grr.
- My button loops. They were terrible. Although I found a tutorial after finishing the first bootee, I had to make the second shoe equally terrible. Will fix next time and use this tutorial from Ysolda instead – Sewn Button Loops.
- The straps. These straps are not fun. One of them in particular on both shoes didn’t come out very well – I think it’s the one where you CO 10 stitches and then knit the remainder. On the second bootee I managed to do it the wrong way round so the strap raced the wrong way entirely. After a scream, the shoe went flying out the window. Trev retrieved it later however.
I have decided that at some point in the future I need to knit Otto. I think I may knit this for my sister (nephew due in 5 weeks) instead of a pair of bootees. She isn’t a very bootee person and I think a little bear would be cute.
Hopefully I will have some more news for you soon on my Endpaper Mitts, but that’s enough for now 🙂
Watch this space!