knitting

Finished Vintage Endpaper Mitts


Well I actually finished these babies over a week ago now, but I have shamelessly forgotten to blog. I don’t know where last weekend went, and this week has just been crazy busy at work… anyway, no excuses.

Bizarrely, my second mitt came out a bit tighter and longer than the first one – maybe because I hadn’t tried it on as many times? I don’t know. As mentioned in my other post, I’m not 100% keen on the way the pattern stretches across my palm – I’m going to make the large size next time I do these. Plus it should give them a bit more stretch overall. Now I’ve blocked these I can get them on and off without too much difficulty but I’d still like more room in them.

Anyway, let’s have lots of gratuitous FO pics:

Finished Endpaper Mitts

Finished Endpaper Mitts

Finished Endpaper Mitts

Finished Endpaper Mitts

Finished Endpaper Mitts

We went out to the lake to take these pics – I have some non-knitting lakey updates, which I’ll save for another post 🙂

The only amends I made to the pattern were that I picked up 5 stitches over the thumb instead of 3, since I thought there would be too many holes otherwise.

Made the size medium – think I might make these again but I’ll get a bigger circular needle so that I can do 2-at-a-time.

Advertisements

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s