I have finally finished the Rumpled socks 🙂 I actually finished them on February 20th but haven’t posted until now.
The second sock has come out very slightly bigger, as they always do – but weirdly I
have 12g of yarn left again! So I have a total of 24g left to use on something else which is brilliant as the yarn is divine.
Despite my cankles, the socks also happen to look ok on me! First pair of socks ever for me!
I’ve immediately cast on for my pair of Firestarters which aren’t going so well. I’m using the following gorgeous yarn, but I have a problem:
My gauge is off. Waaaaay off. Instead of 41 rows per 4 inches, I have about 48. So despite doing an extra repeat of the cables to fit my longer foot, I’ve started the gusset and am only here:
I need to rip back and do at least one more repeat (if not two) before I start the gusset. So these have been temporarily relegated to the naughty corner while I get on with a few other bits, which will follow in a non-sock related post 🙂