A little over a month ago, I wrote a post where I showed you my broken Birds Eye Maple Bosworth Featherweight spindle (Making a Mess). Of course there was lots of near weeping (that I didn’t go into at the time) when I saw this:
Then I managed to unwind the yarn, progressively picking out bits of broken spindle and was left with this:
It journeyed back to Acton MA and arrived back last week – looking rather glamorous and sporting a new, slightly lighter coloured, bocote shaft:
Not weighed it yet, but it should still weigh around the original 16g so still awesome for lace spinning.
It’s resting on some rather lovely fibre – this month’s club from The Thylacine. 100g of merino in the colour, Hinterland:
Trying to think of how I want to spin this. I want lots of squoosh – so I’m thinking a 2 or 3 ply – possibly on the thicker side to maximise the squoosh factor. But we’ll see. Got a couple of other projects to finish – including the Optim rescued from the broken spindle above.
I do love to spin – don’t do nearly enough of it at the moment, particularly not supported spinning. I have so many lovely spindles – it’ll be easier once we get the new “studio” space set up – which includes moving the spindle shelf – but I’m sure we’ll get there in the end 🙂