Just a quick bloggy post from me tonight. Super tired – not been sleeping too well and it’s really hitting me hard. But that doesn’t stop me having a small FO to show off.
Here’s the baby cardi that I mentioned knitting a couple of weeks ago:
I had some yarn left from making another one of these before – in total I used 110g – about two and a bit balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK.
Followed the pattern mostly – I left a bit of length off the garter stitch edging on the cuffs and bottom to make sure I had enough yarn and it worked out perfectly.
I also used my previous buttonhole mods – here’s the quote from my Ravelry page:
Buttonhole mod as follows:
Didn’t do the i-cord buttonhole band this time. Instead I did the basic garter buttonhole band but with a few variations.
Instead of k2tog, yo then k at the point you’d like to make a buttonhole, I did this:
1) k2tog, yo, yo, k2tog, k to next buttonhole, then repeat to end.
2) On the next row, k the first yo as normal, then k the second yo tbl to tighten things up. K all other stitches as normal.
I found this made a slightly larger hole while helping to make it a bit sturdier at the edges.
Going to wrap it up and give it to her tomorrow. I also have a little hat I finished a while ago where I’ve been waiting for the right occasion to give it:
Will be nice to see her reaction tomorrow!