I feel a little ashamed that I’ve been knitting this cardigan for a year and according to my Ravelry and WordPress, I haven’t knitted a *single* post about this item. That’s embarrassing. I think I’ve always wanted to just get a little bit further on before I’ve posted and before you know it it’s been put down again in favour of something else.
So I would like to report some long overdue progress, but won’t go into too much detail as I hope to save that for the grand unveiling post, which hopefully won’t be too long from now.
I’m knitting my Audrey as part of a KAL with two friends who have long since finished theirs. The idea was that we would all knit an Audrey in a different shade of Wollmeise red – me using Bussi, Gwen using Wilder Mohn and Bettina using Granatapfel. (Mine is on the left in the picture below.)
As the original cardigan is knit in sport-weight, there has been a lot of maths involved to this point – where I am currently on the second sleeve, with that, the button bands and neck edging to do and that’s IT. Other than attach the buttons and block it! I’ll probably block it once after this sleeve is done, as the gauge will have settled and make doing the bands and neckline easier with a final blocking at the very end.
But here’s how it looks right now:
I added a couple of inches in the body before the waist shaping as I didn’t think the cropped look would suit me too much which is partly why it looks so LONG and big… allied with my gauge swatch, which says my cardigan should shrink in length and grow a little bit in width. So I’m hoping that areas where it’s currently a little big and baggy when I try on will magically transform when I block it.
Keeping my fingers crossed – so panicked as I desperately want it to work out. It’s the biggest thing I’ve knitted so far and in sockweight too! Wollmeise no less. Hopefully the FO post will follow not too long after this one 🙂