It’s Monday and I have a post ready! Woo!
Today, as you might have guessed from the title, I’m going to be showing you a pair of mitts.
It started with a skein of yarn:
A lovely, 2oz (50g-odd) skein of yarn in a DK/worsted weight. But it’s all I had. So what do you make with it? Obviously fingerless mitts!
Took a while to scour Ravelry for a pattern. I didn’t want something plain, although perhaps with the nature of the yarn it would have worked well. In the end, I decided to make the Alisha Mitts, but to omit the buttons.
Here’s the results!
BTW, I LOVE the new mug I’m showing off in the photos. You’ve seen the CATFFEINATED side and here’s the DECATF:
As a non-coffee drinker, I’ll have to take it to work and use it when I drink Red Bull or something.
Here are my Ravelry notes:
- 3.75mm needle for ribbing.
- 4.0mm needle for rest of glove.
- As I may potentially be a little low on yarn, I’m looking at ways I can eke it out to ensure I don’t run out.
- 10 rounds of ribbing, rather than 12.
- Picked up 3 sts around the thumb and did 5 rows of 1×1 ribbing.
- Mitts in total weigh 45g, so I could have done the extra two rows of initial ribbing and maybe an extra repeat.
- If I do these again to fit me, I’d probably add an extra couple of stitches across the palm section and an extra repeat or so before starting the gusset.
Here’s a close-up:
The two mitts together:
Of course, I ended up with loads of yarn left so could easily have gone up a needle size, or added extra ribbing, or just generally used more in one way or another. But you live and learn. I think having loads left over is preferable to running out and having to rip back.
Hopefully the recipient will like them! 🙂